To ensure boating ropes have the longest possible life, it is necessary to follow the basic handling rules :
- do not use ropes over sharp corners and surfaces,
- avoid exposure to chemicals,
- do not expose the ropes to high temperatures,
- store in a dry and clean environment,
- do not bend the rope under tension.
The use of knots reduces the rope’s strength by up to 55%, so we recommend a braided loop, which will only reduce the strength by 10%.
If the rope is used in one place for a long time and there is uneven loading on it, it is more prone to abrasion. It is therefore necessary to regularly check those places, such as the stops, pulleys and holes, through which the rope passes.